Tuesday 29 October 2013

Some books

I have been reading more than usual lately as I have been getting better. So I thought I would share with you a couple  of the books I have read.

This was our Book Group choice and I really enjoyed it. I have never read any Anne Tyler books before, but I would again. The story is about Rebecca, a 53 year old who starts to reflect on her life and what might have been had she taken a different route. She contacts her first love and meets up with him again but I won't spoil it too much in case you decide to read it. Maybe it is just the reflective mood I am in at the moment but I enjoyed the book, although there was some mixed response to it from the rest of the Book Group.

The next book is by another author I have not read before, Adele Parks, Whatever it takes.
This book tells the story of Eloise and her family as they make a move from London to Dartmouth. Eloise is not sure about moving and leaving London but her husband, Mark, wants to move back to where he grew up and where his mother and father still live. Several things happen to them which turn their whole life upside down and it is interesting to see how they deal with them all. There is an interesting twist near the end of the book, which I did not see coming. I enjoyed reading this book and would read more of her books.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

I've not read either of these books, but they both sound interesting. I've been reading a lot lately, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...