Sunday 1 April 2012

A Pause in Lent 4

Sorry about not posting my Pause in Lent last Sunday - I really don't know what happened to the time!! I have been working full-time for the last week and  a half and have just been sooo tired at nights. The schools are now on holiday for two weeks so hopefully I will have a bit more time - although have a huge list of jobs to be done in the house and the garden. After Easter I will be starting work every morning in the Nursery until the summer holidays and am really looking forward to it.

For a Pause in Lent last week it was Patience: Pursuit of Peace. Well I am most certainly not a patient person and do struggle with wanting things to happen NOW, but am slowly learning to Trust in God and in his timing.

When you think of Peace, what do you think of - a calm sea, a peaceful country scene. We do often have similar ideas when we think of peace. The Bible speaks of peace a lot, about God's peace dwelling in us. I remember reading a book a long time ago, I can't even remember now what book it was, but it had this picture of peace in it. There was a painting entitled Peace, it was of a raging storm, wild winds, heavy rain, not your usual sort of idea of Peace, but in the corner of the picture in a bush was a bird's nest with a bird in it - safe and secure. This has always made me think of the Peace that God gives - the peace that we can have with him, despite what turmoil is going on around us. May the Peace of God be with you today.



4 comments:

Angela said...

Peace be with you too Fiona - I too had a busy week in school last week and I am looking forward to some more restful moments over the next fortnight

Easter Blessings x

Maria Ontiveros said...

I think it's funny that you took a pause from the pause!
Rinda

Unknown said...

Peace to you Fiona.

Thank you too for the reminder that peace is not an absence of storm, but where we are within that.

magsmcc said...

I love this thought- especially when I think of my boy-full home with noise and fuss and Things to Do. Just one little quiet corner in which to stand still with Him. That would be transforming peace!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...