Sunday 8 February 2009

The best laid plans....

Well I'm sure you know the rest of the line. There I was thinking I was getting better, looking forward to a cybercrop and where do I end up - in hospital!

I was rushed in on Wednesday evening with acute stomach pain and vomiting, hooked up to a drip and all sorts of tests. On Thursday I had a gastrocopy (not the most pleasant experience - I am soo glad I took the sedative) and they found I have oesphagitis (inflammed oesphagitis), which had been bleeding. Sounds bad but not the worst thing they could have found! I am now on medication, which I will have to take long term. They also took various blood tests, some of which I am still waiting for the results of. Probably the worst thing is I will have to restrict my diet - no more chocolate or wine - how will I manage!

I got home yesterday and had a good nights sleep in my own bed.

I missed the cybercrop on UKS, but I have downloaded the classes so hopefully will manage to do some when I am feeling better.

2 comments:

Flapsi said...

Make sure they look after you now, and get better soon!

Eleanor said...

Oh my goodness Fiona, what on earth has caused this? How awful. But at least you're home, no place like it.
I know you enjoy a cybercrop, so that's bad timing.
I'm sure your 3 boys are waiting on you, take it easy won't you?
love
E
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...