Sunday 14 December 2008

Advent 10 & 11

Yes I know I'm a bit late putting these pages up. I did actually do them on the right days just never got round to uploading them. Day 10 prompt was about wrapping paper, or paper in general, Gordon brought home our copy of the Radio Times today, which he only every buys at Christmas -so of course I just had to do my page on that.

The poem is The Time Draws Near by Alfred Lord Tennyson

The time draws near the birth of Christ:
The moon is hid; the night is still;
The Christmas bells from hill to hill
Answer each other in the mist.

Four voices of four hamlets round,
From far and near, on mead and moor,
Swell out and fail, as if a door
Were shut between me and the sound:

Each voice four changes on the wind,
That now dilate, and new decrease,
Peace and goodwill, goodwill and peace,
Pease and goodwill, to all mankind.


Day 11 prompt was about Christmas trees, I will add a photo when I get round to taking it!
The poem was: I Can't Wait for Christmas

I can't wait for Christmas
Only 125 more days t go
I hope we're going to Granny's this year
And I hope it's going to snow!

I can't wait for Christmas
Only 68 more days to go
I've made my list from the Argos catalogue
What more do they need to know!

I can't wait for Christmas
Only 24 more days to go
We've put up the decorations
Including the mistletoe!

I can't wait for Christmas
Only 1 more day to go
I bet I can't sleep at all tonight
'Cos it's Christmas day tomorrow!

I can't wait for Christmas
Only 365 more days to go.
I know it's a long time to wait
But I do love Christmas so!



I am now only 3 days behind, but it has been a busy weekend. Yesterday was JAM for primary aged children, it went well and we had a bit of a party. Then last night Andrew was up sick, but seems better today.

Only one more week to go before the schools stop - eeek there seems so much still to do!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...