Wednesday 18 April 2007

The Colosseum





I have been really tired since coming home from holidays and my legs have been aching, but today I finally feel a bit better, so have got round to updating my blog.



The first place we visited in Rome was The Colosseum. We got there nice and early so didnt have to queue for long. It is such a marvellous place to visit, we spend hours going round it. To imagine the atmosphere and what it must have been like to be in the tunnels waiting to be sent up to fight to your death.


After that we went to the Palantine Hill, which is where the elite of Roman society had their houses. I can see why they would have chosen to live there, it was lovely, you got a super view and even in the heat of the day there was a lovely breeze blowing. Some of the colours of the flowers there were super and there was even an orange tree.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...